Monday, April 23, 2012

6th December


Today i had gone out and filmed. The aim of the evening was to come back with an interview with cliar the swishing events organiser and to get cutaway footage that i could use in my documentary. When reaching location and setup up for the interview problems started to accrue.

Problems:
The cannon camera the I had taken with me to film with did not work as it was not accepting the cassette. however luckily one of my crew member had brought their camera.
The microphone I had taken to shoot could not be used as the camera was not designed to its input and therefore the sound quality was very low.
when it had come to setting up the equipment, it had taken longer then i anticipated as i did not prep my crew before going to location however, clair our interviewee didn't mind us setting up.
The tripod that  I had taken to shoot with was not easy to use as i could not set it up straight because there was not support. also when using the dolly the legs would come out as it would not secure in the grip.

Outcomes:
by attending this event I have been able to do some research into what types of people attend swishing gatherings. I handed out questionnaires so I could find out why people like to swish and what ages most of the people are. by the end of the evening I also had an interview however it was of low quality. i managed to get cutaway footage of the clothes. The whole swishing experience also has made me more motivated to want to create the documentary and to get more teenagers involved in such a great experience.  

Solutions for next time:
Before taking a camera out to shoot I will make sure that it is working and will not give me problems when shooting. Before going on shoot i will try all the equipment to ensure that i will not have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment